Wednesday, November 28, 2012

Aussie Thanksgiving

When the holidays roll around I always have mixed emotions. I am so far away from my American friends and family, and I have a great people here in Aus too! But no matter the holiday, I always try to make the most of it.
Thanksgiving is strictly an American/Canadian holiday and unlike Halloween no one here celebrates
it unless u are roped in by a North American. This year was my 3rd and most successful aussie Thanksgiving. 
We had an abundance of help, with my bf and his sisters helping with the food and decorations, his oldest sis even made custom place settings to go over the silverware (shown below). We had a big dinner of 11 people. And it went perfect!!

I have to say it is always a weird feeling having Fall traditions, when it is spring time here.

If you are curious our menu was:
•Turkey
•Stuffing
•Mashed potatoes
•Green beans with bacon, cranberries and feta ( these were a hit, I got the recipe HERE)
•Salad
•Yams
And Always....Deviled eggs!
Then for dessert......of course Pumpkin pie and apple cider!



No comments:

Post a Comment